About the program
Thrive Oxford is a unique business development program for women entrepreneurs who currently, or aspire to, grow their business while integrating sustainability principles into their business model. The program attempted to launch in February of 2020 and was quickly tabled due to the pandemic. The program is making a return with a focus on supporting businesses that were impacted over the last two years.
The program has three main goals for participants:
- Improving access to capital for women entrepreneurs in Oxford County, especially those who were impacted by the pandemic.
- Providing the tools, resources and advice necessary to make smart, sustainable business choices that have impact and support the long term recovery and prosperity of the business.
- Ensuring an inclusive and motivating space for women entrepreneurs to start or grow their business.
|September 26, |
|Starting Strong: Understanding Your Finances with Money Mindset Coach, Sherry Andrew|
|October 12, |
|Small group coaching and Q and A with Sherry Andrews|
|October 26, |
(Elm Hurst Inn)
|Small business week breakfast networking and marketing workshop with The Social Factory x Bear & Fox|
|November 16, 9:30am-12:30pm||Sustainability: How to improve your business’s impact on the community, economy and environment with Green Economy London Hub Coordinator, Kaitlyn Creighton|
|January 9, 10:00am-1:00pm||Get it on paper: Crafting a strategic plan for success with Community Futures Oxford staff, Lindsay Wilson|
|January 23, |
|Group meet up and check in with Community Futures Oxford staff, Lindsay Wilson|
|February 6||Each participant will book a one-on-one session to discuss their strategy, pitch presentation and needs to succeed.|
|March 16, Evening (specific time to be determined)||Participants will share their vision to grow their business and the impact it will have on the community, economy and environment. Two winners will receive $1,000!|
Application Deadline EXTENDED TO SEPTEMBER 20 @ 4PM!!
Successful Applicants Notified: September 22
First Session: September 26, 9:30-1:30pm at Community Futures Oxford Main Office (Ingersoll)
To learn more about the program, please e-mail to request a discovery appointment: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business must be located in Oxford County.
- Business must be women-owned (at least 50% of the business), but those with significant strategic and decision making roles may be considered.
- Existing small businesses that were registered by March 2020 or earlier.
- All participants must aspire to implement and measure sustainable actions within two years of completing the program.
- Franchises, independent sales consultants are not eligible.
Preference will be given to applicants that:
- Operate a business that was significantly impacted by the pandemic.
- Businesses owned by individuals that identify as women, 2SLGBTQIA+, BlPOC, and people with disabilities.
- Businesses that intend to hire as a result of expansion within the next 1 year.
*Measurable expansion is preferred. For example, moving a home based business into a new location, hiring an employee, exporting or launching a new product.
Learn more more about sustainability:
- What is a B Corporation?
- What are UN Sustainable Development Goals?
- What is the Future Oxford Community Sustainability Plan?
To express your interest in the program, you must complete and submit a complete application before the deadline.