About the program
Thrive Oxford is a unique business development program for women entrepreneurs who currently, or aspire to, grow their business while integrating sustainability principles into their business model. The program will offer two cohorts annually with intake in February and late August. Each cohort accepts up to ten participants. The cohorts are six months in length, comprised of weekly learning sessions and group check in, either in person or remotely.
The program has three main goals for participants:
- Improving access to capital for women entrepreneurs in Oxford County
- Providing the tools, resources and advice necessary to make smart, sustainable business choices that have impact
- Ensuring an inclusive and motivating space for women entrepreneurs to start or grow their business
To learn more about the program, please REGISTER NOW for the information session.
January 8, 2020. 5:00-7:00pm, 30 Metcalfe Street Upper Floor
Thrive Oxford and OWIN Mentorship Program Pilot
Community Futures Oxford, in partnership with Oxford Women in Networking, is rolling out a Pilot Mentoring Program to commence in early January 2020. The goal of this Pilot Program is to introduce the concept of Mentorship, as well as to establish an on-going, supportive Mentorship Program for Oxford County. The Pilot Program will target women who are junior businesspersons, students just starting their careers, and entrepreneurs eager to learn more. To learn more about how to become a mentor or a protege: click here.
- Business must be located in Oxford County
- Preference will be given to women who own at least 50% of the business, but those with significant strategic and decision making roles may be considered
- Start up business that has not yet been registered
- Existing business looking to expand*
- ANY social enterprise business model
- All participants must aspire to implement and measure sustainable actions within one year of completing the program
- Preference will be given to businesses considering B Corporation certification or alignment with UN Sustainable Development Goals and/or the Future Oxford Community Sustainability Plan
*Measurable expansion is preferred. For example, moving a home based business into a new location, hiring an employee, exporting or launching a new product.
Learn more more about sustainability:
- What is a B Corporation?
- What are UN Sustainable Development Goals?
- What is the Future Oxford Community Sustainability Plan?
To express your interest in the program, you must complete and submit a complete application before the deadline. Applicants not accepted for the winter cohort will be kept on file for future cohorts.
Winter Applications: December 9- January 30, 2020.
Summer Applications: June 1- June 26, 2020.
If accepted into the program, you must commit to attending a least 90% of the sessions. Please view the winter program calendar to ensure you are prepared to make the necessary commitments.