WHAT CAN WE DO FOR YOUR SMALL BUSINESS?
Oxford Small Business Support Centre Inc. operating as Community Futures Oxford contributes to sustainable communities supported by economic stability, growth and job creation in Oxford County, enabled through diversified and competitive local economies.
Community Futures Oxford operates as an independent non-profit organization and as such, is overseen by a volunteer board of directors.
Chair: David Harding
Vice Chair: Ken Whiteford
Treasurer: Ross Mitchell
Secretary: Elizabeth McKinnon
Community Futures Oxford is one of 60 Community Futures Development Corporations in Ontario and 269 across Canada. With financial assistance from the Government of Canada through the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario, we:
- Provide access to capital
- Deliver programs and services to assist small businesses
- Support community economic development in Oxford County
“Building a life in Oxford County continues to be very rewarding for me. The resources and network support is beneficial to my personal growth and career expansion. I have always had an entrepreneur mindset, and I feel grateful to grow up in an environment that helps me reach my full potential. After many years abroad, I never thought I’d return to my hometown to build my life here but I couldn’t imagine living anywhere else! Oxford County has so much to offer and I’m constantly checking out business workshops and seminars. Every day I discover something new that digs my roots a little deeper in this friendly city.”
Rachel, Luxe Creative
We create and preserve jobs throughout Oxford County by supporting small business development, entrepreneurship and skills training, and by fostering community economic development through:
- Improving access to capital for existing and new small businesses
- Facilitating, supporting and promoting self-employment
- Providing a catalyst for community economic development initiatives
- To be a leading hub of entrepreneurial support services in Oxford County.
- Accountability and responsibility
- Taking a client-focused approach
- Continuous improvement
- Partnering and collaboration