2023 Applications now open.
The Oxford County Tourism Innovation Grant is back for another year! Community Futures Oxford has teamed up with Tourism Oxford and Rural Oxford Economic Development to award three grants of $3,000 to local businesses that will develop or expand tourism experiences in Oxford County in 2023.
With growing interest in domestic travel destinations, it is important to offer exciting and innovative visitor experiences to motivate longer stays and increase year-round visits. The Oxford County Tourism Innovation Grant encourages businesses to consider growing revenue through tourism.
Businesses that meet the eligibility criteria are invited to apply for the Oxford County Tourism Innovation Grant by March 1, 2023. The grant committee will then invite finalists for an in-person interview, following a thorough review and scoring of each application. Applications will be evaluated on creativity, innovation, feasibility, economic and community impact, as well as equity and inclusion.
To inspire your application, read about our 2022 grant recipients here.
Interested businesses should read the following eligibility criteria. If eligible, they can complete the online application.
For more information or to discuss your idea or eligibility:
Applicants must meet all the following eligibility requirements in order for their application to be reviewed:
- Grant application is for an activity that will be implemented the 2023 calendar year.
- Businesses must meet Tourism Oxford’s partnership eligibility requirements for a free listing on www.TourismOxford.ca. Businesses may ask for advice/support in meeting the requirements in order to become eligible.
- The applicant’s business has been in operation for 2 plus years.
- Business operates within Oxford County.
- Master business license.
- Proof of insurance.
- Confirmation of appropriate zoning and permits if applicable.
- Applicants who have previously received the tourism innovation grant are ineligible to apply.
- Professional business services, included but not limited to: construction, plans, consulting, photography, video, writing, product development/research, web & graphic design)
- Staffing expenses
- Inventory for retail
- Items purchased in advance of receiving grant
- Paying down debt
- Expenses that would be eligible for the following partnership opportunities:
The Oxford County Tourism Innovation Grant is looking for businesses that will help Tourism Oxford meet consumer needs and bring new voices to Tourism. Therefore, the application review will reflect the following as areas of priority:
Diversity fuels innovation in community economic development. A measure of success of this program will include bringing more diverse voices into tourism industry in Oxford County. To this end, the tourism innovation grant will be inclusive across race, gender, age, ability, identity and experience. Equity deserving entrepreneurs requiring support completing their application are encouraged to request additional guidance as required. Further, if there are barriers that we may have overlooked in the process we welcome your feedback on how barriers can be removed.
Local tourism development priorities:
Proposed projects must fit within Tourism Oxford pillars for development focus (in order of priority):
- Sustainability & outdoor
- Submit your application by March 1.
- Applicants meeting the eligibility criteria will have their applications scored according to the metrics in the scoring chart below to determine finalists.
- Applicants will be notified by March 13th if they have been selected as a finalist to participate in an interview with the judging panel. Interviews will be held virtually the evening of March 15. Those selected to be a grant recipient will be notified following the interviews and will receive their grant of $3000 by March 31st.
Grant Review Scoring Metrics
|Creativity & Need||30|
|Ability to develop||20|